Thursday, December 22, 2011

Part 3 of The gDiaperies: The Toilet and "Clean" Zone

Lesson #3: Dealing with poo does not need to be a dirty job. Truly! Well, poo is dirty and you will need to clean it but what I mean is, you don't need to get all up in it. When Steve and I signed up for cloth diapering the first thing we both thought was "there is no way I am touching poo". When I sought out the council of my friend Katie she informed me of a magical diaper tool that would make all messed go away. You want to know what it is? A diaper sprayer. It's heavenly. I never thought I could get so excited about a glorified shower head sprayer but hey...I've never touched poo!

My Diaper Cleaning Zone


My diaper "cleaning" zone is a place of organization and assembly. The last thing you want is a nasty diaper with no place to go. My husband and I have come up with a systematic method of dealing with our diapers that have made the cleaning process smooth sailing.

Step #1: Lift up the toilet lid (sounds good so far?)

Step #2: Remove diaper sprayer from holder and turn on

The *Magical* Toilet Sprayer


Step #3: Hold your poopy diaper over the toilet and spray poo into toilet (I find it easiest to remove the pant from the snap in liner and just hold the liner over the toilet).

Step #4: Flush!

Step #5: Turn sprayer off and return to holder. Be sure to clear the line for water build-up.

Step #6: Throw pant into pant basket and liner/cloth into diaper pail lined with glaundry bag.


Add a sprinkle of baking soda to absorb the odor, if you so desire.




Step #7: Close all lids and leave.

It's that simple! Isn't that just lovely? You bet it is. So don't fear fiddling with poo any longer, cleaning cloth can be a simple spray away.

No comments:

Post a Comment